Admissions are open for the academic year 2019 – 2020 for classes LKG to XII at Delhi Public School, Vijayawada.
At DPS it is aimed to nurture students to excel in academics through and analytical approach of learning by encouraging students to explore on their own. Therefore the admission assessment is designed to identify the attitude and aptitude of the child to the suitability of the class, stream etc., DPS thrives to develop a holistic personality in the child.
Age of the applicant as on Oct. 21st 2019 recorded in the birth certificate will determine the eligibility for admission to particular class.
Recommended classes for children born between the following dates
- Nursery & Preparatory
||3 years 6 months
||4 years 6 months
- Primary (Class I - Class V )
||5 years 6 months
||6 years 6 months
||7 years 6 months
||8 years 6 months
||9 years 6 months
- Secondary (Class VI - Class X )
||10 years 6 months
||11 years 6 months
||12 years 6 months
||13 years 6 months
||14 years 6 months
- Senior Secondary (Class XII)
||CBSE 10th pass & Screening Assessment
- Admission Counseling can be obtained in person, over the phone or through the mail.
- Application Form along with School’s Profile, Syllabus for Screening Assessment and the other details should be obtained in person only, from School’s Office.
- The Child should undergo a Screening Assessment (for classes I to X) and interactive session to assess gross and fine motor skills for Nursery and Preparatory.
The Application Form is not transferable and only the form, issued by the school, should be used for the Admission of your child.
Documents Required for Admission
- The Application Form with a recent passport size colour photograph of the candidates pasted on the form.
- Both the copies of the Admit Card with recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate pasted on each.
- Photocopies of the Birth Certificate (issued by Municipal Corporation or any competent authority. Certificate issued by doctors, nursing homes, etc., will not be accepted).
The Application Form will be rejected if any discrepancy is found between the particulars filled in the form and the supporting documents. Originals will be required for verification at the time of admission only.
Observation – cum Interaction for Classes Nursery and Preparatory
Admission to Classes Nursery and Preparatory will be granted on the basis of Observation – cum – Interaction. Presence of both the parents during this period is mandatory.
Parents will have to bring both the copies of Admit Card, which is included in the Application Form, on the date and time mentioned on the cards, when they come for the Observation – cum – Interaction. The Admit Card will have to be handed over to the Teacher In – charge for Observation – cum – Interaction and the Parent’s copy will be retained by the parents to collect their child after the Observation Session.
Screening Assessment for Class I to XI
From class I onwards, a Screening Assessment is conducted. Both the parents must be present in the school on the designated day. Parents must bring both the copies of the Admit card on the date and time mentioned on Admit Cards when they bring their child for the Screening Assessment.
The Screening Assessment may take more than an hour. Parents are advised to plan their schedule accordingly. Before the commencement of Screening Assessment, parents must hand over the student’s copy of the Admit Card to the Session In – Charge.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
- School Leaving / Transfer Certificate and previous year’s Report Card (Without this no student from class II onwards will be admitted)
- Medical Certificate
- Birth Certificate, in original, to be brought for verification only
- Recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate and both parents
- Admission will be cancelled if any variance is found between the particulars filled in the Registration Form and the documents submitted for admission